Saturday, February 13, 2010

All Things Alice - Review (Kayla)

So, on Wednesday my Alice pallet finally arrived in the mail. Can you say excited much. Aswell, earlier that day, I had found the Alice in Wonderland nail polishes by OPI.
First, I will start with the Nail Polishes.



I LOVE them. There are 4 colors in this set and I absolutely LOVE 3 of them and like the 4th. So far, I have only tried 2 colors so far as they are both on right now.
The first is Absolutely Alice - a mainly blue glitter with specks of gold. It is GORGEOUS! 2 - 3 coats and your nails are COMPLETELY covered in glitter or do it over a color for just a slight pop.
Then there is Mad as a Hatter - a mostly grey/black glitter with multicolor glitter mixed in. Again GORGEOUS and 2 - 3 coats completely covers the nail.
The third color is Thanks So Muchness - a red/pink with pink glitter. I haven't used this color yet but it is fabulous looking.
Lastly, my least favorite color of the bunch Off with her Red - A terracota red color. It is a matte color to tone down all the sparkle and glam in this collection and from my swatch on paper, the color looks better out of the bottle than in so here hoping.
But I would definitely rate this set a 10/10. Bought a mini set for a friends birthday present and the full sized bottles for myself
Swatches - Absolutely Alice, Thanks So Muchness, Off with her Red, Mad as a Hatter




Now onto my favorite part of this... The Urban Decay Pallet. I am blown away by it. It took all my strength to use my new MAC stuff for heartagram day instead of this. First, it comes in the most adorable packaging with tea pots and teacups on it. When you open the top, there is mini alice in a field of mushrooms looking all lost. As is this didn't make me want it enough, inside are 16 amazingly picked and paired eyeshadows, 2 gorgeous liners (Zero and Flipside), and a mini bottle of my 2nd favorite primer on the planet. The thing I liked the most, is that they are normal colors in the line so once I am out in this, I can buy full things of my favorites. Aswell, I noticed the glitter is not as chunky as the same colors in other pallets, making it easier to work with and less glitter all over your face. From this, my absolute favorite, and possibly most well pigmented color is Alice, a bright beautiful blue.
The colors and their "real world names" in order are as follows
Top row in swatches - Underland (Flash), Alice (Painkiller), Oraculum (Baked), Queen (Last Call), Chessur (Chopper), White Rabbit (Polyester Bride), Wonderland (Maui Wowie), Curiouser (Grifter)
Bottom row in swatches - Muchness (X), Mushroom (Mushroom), Midnight Tea Party (Midnight Cowboy Rides Again), Vorpal (S&M), Absolem (Homegrown), Drink Me Eat Me (Sin), Mad Hatter (Twice Baked), Jabberwocky (Oil Slick)
Overall this I would rate 666/10!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment