Monday, March 15, 2010

Straightener!!! (Kayla)

So, for a while I have been looking at upgrading to a professional grade straightener and just have not wanted to deal with the professional grade price which kind of (actually make that REALLY) sucked....
Well today I was out with a friend and we stopped by to say hi to another friend at her work.
We were looking around and I decided to look at the straighteners since somehow our feet drug us over to that area...
I found that they had quite a few professional grade straighteners like this one, the Cortex with skulls

While I was tempted to buy it since I knew that vintageortacky had posted a video on youtube where she had used the exact same one, only moments earlier a straightener caught my eye even more than that one....
The ISO (or proliss as renamed for sale in canada
) Hair Straightener Flat Iron Turbo Silk Snake Tattoo in pink... It was gorgeous...
This pic is not of the one actually in my possession as my camera is still in my purse from our busy day at the zoo but here is pretty much my straightener

The summary of it online says
  • 1.0 inch 100% ceramic plates along with tourmaline crystals that are crushed, baked and infused into the plates.
  • Nano Technology: which eliminates harmful bacteria from the ceramic plates, and promotes a germ free styling environment.
  • 700% More Negative Ions (compared with any other Flat Iron in the market) that are released from the solid ceramic surface, will increase the natural moisture content of your hair.
  • Heats up in just 8 seconds!.
  • ON / OFF Switch
  • Intelligent system able to reach an optimum temperature of 430 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Built In Floating Plates: allowing the plates to have a slight movement from left to right and up and down. This makes the ISO a Complete Styling Tool, and not just a Hair Straightener.
  • 110-220 volts 50/60Hz for use in the U.S. and around the world

So, overall I was pretty much impressed with this straightener from the get go as most of that is specified on the box (except its 720% and 450 degrees Fahrenheit but really whos counting)

The selling point of this whole thing though was the price...
It has a $320.00 USD price tag on it, yet on the side has a $39.99 CAD sticker.
So overall a high quality straightener with a low quality price tag on it.
I haven't used it as of yet, it is still in the box at the moment, but as soon as I do, I will review it and post pictures of it.
Sorry for rambling you guys, just I was super excited...

No comments:

Post a Comment